RESULTS - Well done to Lee McKillen who continued his recent strong form to win this years Spring League final held on Sunday the 22nd of March. Tommy King is another man bringing in some great scores and he was on the podium again this week, claiming the runners-up spot.
A separate 18 hole Stableford competition was held the same day. Brendan Gaffney was the winner on the day with 37 points, Pat Conroy’s 35 points were enough for second place, just edging out Lochlainn Conboy on countback.
FIXTURES - The mens’ competition next Sunday the 29th will be an 18 hole Stableford.
CORONAVIRUS PRECAUTIONS - The GUI issued a new statement about Coronavirus and its impact on golf clubs during the week. It is still safe to participate in golf but certain restrictions apply.
- Hand hygiene is absolutely vital. Hot water and soap is provided in the clubhouse at competition times and should be used before and after your round.
- Unfortunately, the social nicety of handshaking is too high risk for the time being.
-To further help with hand hygiene, the club advises that on putting greens, flags are not be removed from the hole when putting.
- Raking bunkers should also be avoided.
- The clubhouse computer has been switched off, just sign in to the competition in the book in the front hall.
- The use of scorecards is a vulnerability, given their exchange at the end of a round: please consider measures such as getting one person to do all the cards, and initialing them on a hard surface rather than holding them in your hand to sign.
- “Social Distancing ” is of critical importance. Just be conscious of maintaining 6 feet between you and your playing partners while on the course and it’s environs. This means that the sharing of buggies is not currently allowed. The bar and function areas of the clubhouse will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Please enjoy your golf and follow the above advice to do your bit to protect the most vulnerable in our community.
Post a Comment