The Fore Club Alliance competition took place last weekend. Forty points proved to the mark required to feature in the top three. The best of the 40’s came from Pat Brogan who edged out Jonathan Egan and David Wynne on the countback who were second and third respectively. The gross prize went to six handicapper Aidan Grealish from Strokestown.
The men’s 12 hole open competition on Thursday was won by Owen Garvin 28pts. In second place was Colm Connolly also on 28pts.
Friday’s Scramble was won by the team of Charlie O Donnell, Tommy King & Marian Ahern.
Open Week Fixtures
• Monday (4th July): Our annual Open Week gets underway on with a nine hole stroke for ladies & gents.
• Tuesday is Ladies Day with the competition being an 18 hole stableford. There will also be a 9 hole stableford for gents.
• Wednesday there will be a mixed scotch foursomes competition. The handicap is half of the combined total.
• Thursday is Men’s Day with an 18 hole competition to be played in strokeplay format. A 9 hole stableford for ladies will also take place.
• Friday there will be a 9 hole stableford for both ladies and gents.
• Saturday is a Fourball Betterball and any combination is permitted. Each player will play off 9/10 of their handicap.
• Sunday: The closing competition of Open Week will be an 18 hole Stroke for ladies and gents
Full bar and catering facilities will be available each day.
The Club thanks all the local businesses and organisations for their generous sponsorship and support. For more information call 086 864 5797 or email email@example.com
The Jack O’Sullivan team bowed out of the competition at the hands of Ballymote on Thursday last on a scoreline of 3 matches to 2.
The Junior Cup team lead by Gary Carty will compete in the Junior Cup in Carrick on Shannon this upcoming weekend. It is a five man team played off scratch, and no player with a handicap of less than 5 in the previous year may compete. The team will attempt to qualify from Saturday’s strokeplay, for Sunday’s matchplay stage.
In news related to this, the team captain managed to lead home a field of many of the competitors last Sunday in Carrick’s Junior Scatch Cup. Well done to other Boyle players – Brendan Gaffney, Sean Heslin & Charlie O’Donnell who also placed highly.
The May/June draws took place in the clubhouse on Sunday evening.
May results: Winner Pat Conroy €70, Runners up Claire/John Cryan & Ted Hestor €40 each.
June Results: Winner Denis & Mary O’Donnell €70, Runners up Mary O’Hara & Michael Gilmartin €40 each.
Congrats to all the winners and thank you for taking part. Good luck in the July draw.
‘Get Into Golf’
The final week of the kids ‘Get into Golf’ program will go ahead this Wednesday evening, with the two time slots remaining the same: 6-7pm & 8-9pm. Participants will receive their certificate of completion from the CGI on the evening along with a golf related goodie bag.
• Golf class for ladies & gents (beginners & improvers) will also take place from 7-8pm on Wednesday evening with PGA Professional Peter Duignan. Cost of the session is €8. Contact Gary on 086 068 2116 for more info.